Thursday, July 12, 2012

Prost not happy with his depiction in 'Senna' movie

Prost Senna 1994, Prost Senna Movie, Senna Movie,
When the movie 'Senna' was released last year, Prost was questioned about it and his reply was that he hasn't seen it yet but had a CD of it and would watch at a later time.

It seems that the Frenchman Alain Prost has finally watched the movie. His reactions are not very positive about the movie's depiction of his role in particular.

Talking to journalists at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, Prost expressed his displeasure at how he was shown as the 'bad guy' of the movie. Here's what he had to say...

Asked if he was happy with his depiction in the film, Prost said: “Absolutely not. No I don’t agree at all.

“I’m really, I would say, upset, in a way. I tell you why in 30 seconds. Because I spent a lot of time shooting for this. I spent many, many hours trying to explain things.
“We had one Ayrton Senna before Formula One, we had the Senna when we were fighting in Formula One and we had the Ayrton Senna when I retired
“And then comes back the human side of the story with two personalities and people would understand much more what happened when we were fighting, why he was fighting like this, and would have understood much more the last three or four months where he was calling me almost once or twice per week asking me questions, asking me to go back to the GPDA, asking questions about Williams, about safety, about personal life – very big secrets that I will never tell anoybody.
“It would have been good to have that, it was all in the rush that I have done. And at the end they wanted to do a commercial thing going to the good and the bad. I don’t care too much about being the bad boy.
“But what I care is look at that. We are here in Goodwood, we have a lot of fans, it’s history of motor racing. I would have loved to have this end of the story.
“At the end of the day all of what you can see is the human side. Otherwise you have no history, you have no tradition and that is really a big shame.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment